weekends with nothing extravagant that make me appreciate my life a lot more and make me understand a lot about myself and what makes me happy. It has been getting a little blurry lately, with a lot of interference and negativity from family (except for my sister, whom I live with and did all my weekend activities with).
Saturday morning was a somewhat tiring/boring/frustrating one. I don’t know about you, but I am one of those people who will sit and focus on nothing besides that fact that I can not eat/drink, therefore I can not do anything.
Here’s an example:
“Oh my god, I can’t stand it, I’m gonna kill myself” –me
“Do something to keep you busy, lets go out for a walk”—My sister
“What’s the point, we cant have coffee/tea so we can’t go to a cafĂ©, I don’t want to go shopping, no point of going to a movie theatre during the day and other than that, there isn’t anything else left to do during the day”—Me
Honestly, just reading this makes me want to slap myself. The crazy thing is, As soon as I make the move to get goin’; I’m on a roll and time flies by—I just have
a hard time getting to that little point- But I am working on it.
Luckily, that push came in right at the point when I decided to nap—A friend from Montreal was in town and wanted to meet up.
Right after, I met up again with my sister and headed out to The EX. The EX is a city fair that comes into town the end of every summer. Think Final Destination 3 sans goriness. It was tons, and I repeat, tons of fun. I love, loooove the lights.I love playing and I love the little 60s style candy carts, the corndog(eww)carts, the funnel cakes and the good mood all around in fun places like this.
Sunday
Two words: Killers Concert!
Need I say more?
And finally, on Monday, headed to a patio in little Italy and had Iftar with my sister. It was a really laid back night. And even though the dining experience was not marvelous (which prompted me to write “Terrible Terrible Service” on the tab), the night and weather were good.
I had tons of fun being out and ending the long weekend being out, with a nice cup of coffee.

2 comments:
It's the simple things in life that make it worthwhile. We only need to develop a nicer attitude towards it
I totally agree with you KJ. I find myself very pleased and thrilled by simple things..tea, music, a good meal or a even a good run!
Sometimes though it is hard to focus when negativity is surrounding you and you have to focus a significant portion of you energy pushing it away. But C'est la vie!
Post a Comment