I’m so happy I have been encouraged to blog!
I just happen to be one of the world’s worst procrastinators. But I am working on kicking off the habit.
Today, at 10:43, I had an epiphany.
I can only stand the work I do (or any work for that matter) with tea. It is incredible what a hot cup of steaming earl grey with some milk can do to my productivity and patience level. Unfortunately, ever since Ramadan blessed us all (and for the first time for me as a working woman) I have been less than eager to do much during the day. Somehow, people sound dumber, the work seems as boring as ever and my goals even blurrier than they were before!
In a nut shell, mish fay2a wo ray2a without my tea (in English, not particularly on top of the world).
Since we are on the topic of tea, let me tell you how my fascination (and slight addiction) to tea has grown. Growing up, I never had a drink of my choice. I never drank coffee, tea, coke, juice etc…and water would have been a healthy alternative, but I only had it when I was thirsty. This really bothered my mom (Especially when I would be studying) as she did not understand how one can be focused without anything to “keep them entertained”.
It was not until I went to university that I started to really feel the need to drink something as I did my assignments. I was not one to study in library (too quiet, needed the distraction to focus) so I spent almost all my university exam days studying in coffee houses (Mainly the Second cup on McGill College street or DuParc). I would always order the same yummy drink: Chocolat Chaud a la Vanille (Vanilla Hot Chocolate). Then, it became a Hazelnut Latte. Then one day I was having a very very bad day after an exam, and thought tea is the wisest choice (they say it’s good for you, where is the harm in having a cup?). I asked for regular tea (in my mind, like the one we had at home with mana2eesh and 2ershalleh) but they had none. The barista told me they had a similar black tea called Earl grey. “It is really good” She said, “You should try it”.
Try it I did. Added some milk and sugar. Had one sip and been hooked ever since. It is hot, it is rich in flavor and a very healthy source of “keeping yourself entertained” as you do work/read/ relax.
Given the amount of love I had grown for tea, I had decided to go on a whim and try another kind of black tea: Darjeeling, then another one, Assam. Heck I thought I might as well try different “colours” of tea—what is this red tea from Africa? Rooibos? Cool name. Yes, ill have one please. (You get the drift).
I’m also guilty of having numerous pictures of me holding a steamy tea cup (in all seasons). Eeek….Now you’re thinking I’m a bit of a weirdo, aren’t you?
Well, I don’t like to disappoint. Just for your pleasure, Here’s a list:
Tea I have Everyday: Earl Grey
I just happen to be one of the world’s worst procrastinators. But I am working on kicking off the habit.
Today, at 10:43, I had an epiphany.
I can only stand the work I do (or any work for that matter) with tea. It is incredible what a hot cup of steaming earl grey with some milk can do to my productivity and patience level. Unfortunately, ever since Ramadan blessed us all (and for the first time for me as a working woman) I have been less than eager to do much during the day. Somehow, people sound dumber, the work seems as boring as ever and my goals even blurrier than they were before!
In a nut shell, mish fay2a wo ray2a without my tea (in English, not particularly on top of the world).
Since we are on the topic of tea, let me tell you how my fascination (and slight addiction) to tea has grown. Growing up, I never had a drink of my choice. I never drank coffee, tea, coke, juice etc…and water would have been a healthy alternative, but I only had it when I was thirsty. This really bothered my mom (Especially when I would be studying) as she did not understand how one can be focused without anything to “keep them entertained”.It was not until I went to university that I started to really feel the need to drink something as I did my assignments. I was not one to study in library (too quiet, needed the distraction to focus) so I spent almost all my university exam days studying in coffee houses (Mainly the Second cup on McGill College street or DuParc). I would always order the same yummy drink: Chocolat Chaud a la Vanille (Vanilla Hot Chocolate). Then, it became a Hazelnut Latte. Then one day I was having a very very bad day after an exam, and thought tea is the wisest choice (they say it’s good for you, where is the harm in having a cup?). I asked for regular tea (in my mind, like the one we had at home with mana2eesh and 2ershalleh) but they had none. The barista told me they had a similar black tea called Earl grey. “It is really good” She said, “You should try it”.
Try it I did. Added some milk and sugar. Had one sip and been hooked ever since. It is hot, it is rich in flavor and a very healthy source of “keeping yourself entertained” as you do work/read/ relax.
Given the amount of love I had grown for tea, I had decided to go on a whim and try another kind of black tea: Darjeeling, then another one, Assam. Heck I thought I might as well try different “colours” of tea—what is this red tea from Africa? Rooibos? Cool name. Yes, ill have one please. (You get the drift).
I’m also guilty of having numerous pictures of me holding a steamy tea cup (in all seasons). Eeek….Now you’re thinking I’m a bit of a weirdo, aren’t you?
Well, I don’t like to disappoint. Just for your pleasure, Here’s a list:
Tea I have Everyday: Earl Grey
Tea I like having in the afternoon: Cream of Earl grey (they spray the leaves with a hint of vanilla), Rooibos.
Tea I have as soon as I can find loose leafs : Assam
Best Brand for Earl grey Tea Bags: Twinning’s
Best Brand for Darjeeling Tea Bags: 4 o’clock
Best Brand for Rooibos blend Tea bags: Zhena’s Gypsy tea
Weirdest Tea I had: 7 Spice Tea- Black pepper, cinnamon, cloves,black tea,cumin, fennel, ginger and cardamom
Delightful Tea Purchase: Lavender Earl Grey by Revolution
Iced Tea: Do or Don’t? DON’T..
Chai Latte: Meh (at best)
Thanks for indulging me with my tea rant! I can smell that it is about 8 hours away from me :).
Tea I have as soon as I can find loose leafs : Assam
Best Brand for Earl grey Tea Bags: Twinning’s
Best Brand for Darjeeling Tea Bags: 4 o’clock
Best Brand for Rooibos blend Tea bags: Zhena’s Gypsy tea
Weirdest Tea I had: 7 Spice Tea- Black pepper, cinnamon, cloves,black tea,cumin, fennel, ginger and cardamom
Delightful Tea Purchase: Lavender Earl Grey by Revolution
Iced Tea: Do or Don’t? DON’T..
Chai Latte: Meh (at best)
Thanks for indulging me with my tea rant! I can smell that it is about 8 hours away from me :).

1 comment:
I love tea too, though I am not an addict like you LOL!
Try organic tea or tea from actual tea leaves (not a tea bag), mix it with mint or jasmine petals (again, real thing) or some shredded orange/apple peels and cinnamon :D
Post a Comment